Open Source Projects
Active software projects
These projects are currently under development and we invite you to give us a helping hand. You can participate by reporting bugs, suggesting features or contributing code.
- ComponentBee is
a reliability testing tool built on Eclipse TPTP. A more mature release is now out!
- Simantics is a software platform for industrial modelling and simulation.
The platform includes several modelling tools, editors, for 2D graph-like hierarchical model composition and 3D geometry based modelling.
The first release is out!
- FDS-SMV, i.e. Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS) and Smokeview (SMV), is a toolkit for analyzing
dynamics of fire-driven fluid flow. This is a co-operate project of
VTT and the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Open Network of Innovation (OpenInno) project is building a Web-based innovation and learning environment. VTT contributes to the development of XWiki which was selected as platform for the environment.
- Merlin ToolChain integrates requirements, configuration management, project management, and testing tools via Eclipse using plug-ins.
- PAN-NET is a single file distribution protocol which organizes the copying of a file to a potentially large number of recipients.
- MzMine is a bioinformatics toolkit for differential analysis of mass-spectrometry-based metabolomic and proteomic data.
- NoTA (Network on Terminal Architecture) is a framework for communication between software and/or hardware modules, designed specifically for the communications within and between embedded devices.
"Freezed" software projects
These projects are no longer being developed by VTT. However, you are welcome to take advantage of their source code and documentation. You can also contact us if you have questions.
- PDA-OVM is a user interface layer that makes possible to run
applications created for Naked Objects Framework in a PDA device. The last release was published in February 2005
- Nipper is a powerful and expandable but simple network testing tool. The last release was published in March 2004.
- Stylebase for Eclipse is a tool for maintaining a software architectural knowledge base.
Top of this page
© VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland 2004-2008. The text and images (except the logos that link to other sites) are published under GNU Free Documentation License.